Regional Sales Director - Midwest (Minneapolis, Chicago, Detroit, Milwaukee)
Tip Top’s Regional Sales Director (RSD) will be responsible for managing distributor and retailer performance across a 3+ state footprint. Leadership skills, a strong work ethic, high professional standards, and a proven track record of delivering both commercial and cultural results are essential for this role. Our ideal candidate is an experienced CPG professional, who is self-motivated, fun-loving, intuitive, scrappy, curious about cocktail culture and built to thrive in a start-up environment.
- Manage the sales plan and execution of it across your respective territory; this would include but is not limited to:
- Regular communication, collaboration, and alignment with distributor partners on distribution, items-per-store, and volume-per-outlet goals
- Directly call on key multi-unit retailers within your territory (primarily chains)
- Successful execution of tentpole trade marketing programs
- Ongoing tracking and reporting of performance
- Price management
- Product forecasting and management of distributor PO’s
- Create a rolled-up list of local events within your territory for possible participation; events will sometimes require execution and may fall on weekends (third party support available)
- Manage sales budget within the parameters provided by your manager
- May have direct reports to manage (Area Sales Managers and/or Brand Ambassadors), depending on the territory
- Ability to travel up to 50% per month
- 5+ year’s experience as an Area Sales Manager/Director or Key Account Manager/Director
- Leadership skills and experience communicating with/motivating teams that works remotely
- Ability to influence distributor partners and retail buyers to deliver business outcomes that are a win for all parties of the three-tiered system (supplier – distributor – retailer)
- Firsthand familiarity with quantitatively setting goals, measuring performance against them, and mitigating plans as needed (across a team and individually)
- Confident and comfortable reporting on your business, to both internal and external partners
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to interact with all levels of management.
- A highly collaborative team player and self-starter willing to roll up your sleeves and get the job done with a no-task-too-small, no-task-too-big approach
- Excited about navigating a hyper-growth, rapidly changing, and sometimes ambiguous environment
- Meticulous organizational skills with attention to detail, logic and follow-through
- Reliable and professional with the ability to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality
- Comfortable working in G Suite, MS Office, and learning new software’s as necessary
- Super serious about your work (without taking yourself too seriously)
- Respectful, humanistic, honest, and constructive
- Driver’s license and own a reliable vehicle
- Ability to lift up to 40lbs
- Vaccination card to COVID-19 maintained following CDC guidelines.
- Start-up or early-stage company experience
- Relationships and understanding of the 3-tier system
- Worked on CPG brand launches previously
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Vehicle stipend
- Flex PTO Policy
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Opportunity to work with an amazing team of people who collectively are changing the landscape of the alcoholic beverage industry
Tip Top is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Tip Top is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, both in our hiring practices and in our experiences as a Tip Top employee. We strive to create a mindful and respectful environment where everyone can bring their authentic self to work, and experience a culture that is free of harassment, racism, and discrimination.
WANT TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION? PLEASE SEND YOUR RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO JOBS@TIPTOPCOCKTAILS.COMConsistent with EEOC guidance, this position requires that you must provide proof of the COVID-19 vaccination unless you are eligible for an exemption.